Are you curious about video and online marketing?
Do you want to grow your expertise in an ambitious environment that encourages action and initiative?
The Internet is constantly changing, especially in the mobile segment. Videos become increasingly important: to tell stories, spread news and for marketing as well, with large players, such as YouTube, Facebook or Snapchat are paving the way. However, many other publishers of websites and apps are still looking for the best way to prepare their own offerings for the age of mobile video.
ShowHeroes is Europe's leading provider of professional, mobile optimized content videos and player technology. The company's solutions are used by major players like Burda, Funke and SPIEGEL Group to grow and monetize their video formats.
To support the team at our Baltic headquarters in Riga, Latvia we are looking for a:
Financial Operations Manager (full time)
Do you have a passion for people and processes?
You must be able to see the big picture as well as the finer details, as your work is across the spectrum. You will deal in small daily matters, as well as larger aims and setting goals. A systematic organised approach to work is vital.
Brilliant communication and interpersonal skills, for dealing with many types of people at all levels in a direct diplomatic way, are essential, as well us understanding the customer/client requirements and needs. You should be proficient in business planning software, in order to allow you to build financial projections, charts and reports in a short period of time.
Strong leader charisma and leadership skills, including effective time management, prioritising and delegation, are required. You must be able to lead, coach, inspire, support and motivate your team, and always seeking to improve best practice.
Having natural creative flair and being full of ideas and energy to introduce new concepts and innovations would also be advantageous.
What do we offer?
A professional, committed and friendly team that is passionate about technology and media and a great office in Riga with lots of space for creative work, together with an open company culture, excellent career development opportunities and competitive salary.
Your responsibilities include:
What we are looking for:
- Ensure that all workings are manufactured in a correct, cost effective and timely manner in alignment with book-keeping specifications and quality requirements
- Chalking out or improved operational systems, processes and best practices that guarantee organizational well-being
- Budget and strategic planning, working side by side with book-keeping
- Providing strategic direction and oversight of front-end revenue cycle work processes and outcomes
- Supervise budget development, financial reporting and systems management, as well as finance staff, while driving business processes to improve efficiency and meet organization goals
- Contribute towards the achievement of company’s strategic and operational objectives
- Examine financial data/statements and use them to improve profitability
- Managing internal systems used for recording revenue and compliance with tax and regulatory requirements
- Perform quality controls and monitor production KPI’s with our HR department
- Reporting to Executive Management in Berlin regularly and on request
What we need from you:
- At least 2 years of experience in a lead position
- Proven work experience as (financial) operations manager
- Adequate knowledge of organisational effectiveness and operations management
- Budget development and oversight experience
- Familiarity with business and financial principles and practices
- Working knowledge of budgets, forecasting and metrics
- Basic IT skills (databases, MS Office etc.)
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organisation
- Leadership and organisational skills
- BS degree in operations management or related field
Would you like to learn more?
- A short introduction letter, outlining your experience and passion for financial operations and leadership position.
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Date of earliest availability and everything else you would like to tell us about!
Please send your application and short motivational letter, plus earliest date of availability to